Videos are here to stay. The use of smart phones has made it possible to capture a video anytime anywhere. This possibility has also opened out another possibility and that is to ensure that the content on websites is replaced with videos. It is a simple and logical concept that a picture or video is able to explain better than what words can explain. This is the main reason for more and more websites to add content to their sites. There are also several other reasons for you to use video content in your websites.
Top Reasons to Use Video Content in Your Website
- Enhances your online business: If you are running an online business, then it is only right for you to use videos as content on your website. These videos will help you to increase your sales. If you are trying to explain something through your website, people would rather see and listen to a catchy video than reading through a lot of content. So, if you are running an online business website, it is better to post videos than content.
- Videos enhance SEO: If you are a webmaster looking at improving your websites Search Engine Optimization, it is better for you to add as many videos as possible. Chances are that your videos will be able to draw more visitors to your website than content can bring. Since Search Engine Optimization if the only way in which you will be able to garner more traffic for your site, you have to add video on your site. This will bring in more traffic to your site.
- Use of social media: To increase the traffic to a website, the use of social media is increasing all the time. Traffic through social media can be enhanced only with the use of video in websites. If you use a lot of content, it is likely to cause boredom to the people who visit the site. This is also likely to cause the traffic to move away from your site. So, the best way in which you will be able to improve social media coverage of your website is through addition of videos.
- Video is engaging: If a client visits your website, you need to be engaging and retain the client for a longer time in your website. This is more likely to result in you obtaining a sale from your site, if you are marketing a product. When your client stays on your site for a longer time, it is also likely that the person is interested in your site and will share the video with his friends on social media.
- Improves page rank for your site: When your website has more videos and it increases traffic to your site, more people are likely to visit your site for longer duration. When this happens, the search engines are likely to enhance the page rank of your website.
These are just some of the top reasons for you to add more video on your website rather than content.